Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Steampunked! ....also hosted a game at the house.

Well a little update. Yesterday we hosted a game here at the house we played some 40k. We had 2 guys to a side and 3000 points a side and we had Chaos Space Marines verses Space Wolves and Celestial Lions. 
A list of Highlights:
  • Hearing the sound of a chainsaw revving as Abbadon began tearing through squad after squad of Celestial Lions.
  • Watching a Pack of my Grey Hunters receiving a charge from Kharne the Betrayer, taking it, and them mashing his head to goo with a power fist. The same Pack then assaulted a Chaos Lord and killed him too.
  • My wolf scouts squad came in behind a stationary land raider and blew it up with the trusty melta bombs. Only to be shot by the Squad of Thousand Sons and blow their leadership test and run off the table. ... and yes I did have a Wolf Guard with them. GAH!
  • The game ended with Logan Grimmnar and Abbadon standing toe to toe.
The game was a draw since it was Annihilation and we were tied on Kill Points. But I know I had alot of fun and hope everyone else did too.
Next time I think we are gonna have to try a drinking 40k. If you roll a one in any batch of dice you have to take a drink. If you roll a six in any batch of dice you make the opponent take a drink. thought this would allow you to continue playing because at first it was going to be every 1 and 6 you rolled. We think that would be too much if you wanted an opponent to finish playing the game.

Okay enough about that. On to my hobby update and that would be Malifaux. I have pics of my basing of my Lady Justice Gang. I am going for a western dirt rocky look. when I get them done I will have tufts of dead grass on them too I think it will work. Here are some pics:
 I also got Kimber's bases done for her Leveticus Gang. I hope she likes them. She wanted Leviticus' base to have a trap door "that leads to the sewers" she says. So at first I was going to make an iron ring trap door, but I thought I would make it like a steampunk hatch. Also I was directed by Kimber that  Rusty Alice had shell casings from her shooting all over her base. Here are some pics:

then of course I had been on the look out for an O scale Locomotive to use as a terrain piece. Kimber stated she absolutely wanted to have a piece that represented the train from our world that brings everyone to the town of Malifaux through the portal. Having been checking Ebay and all over, we ran across this at Hobby Lobby on Saturday. It is a decorative locomotive.This was $24.99 and I could not pass it up. this is normally the kind of thing that I joke is made by 5 year old Chinese children in a sweat shop. It costs them 50 cents to make but are selling it at a huge mark-up. This is almost perfect scale and with some small tweaking it will be used. I was thinking of extending the front stack and adding a cow pusher to the front. BTW I put Lady Justice on top to give a scale reference.

I hope everyone has a fun week. My next update will be hopefully some of my Malifaux figs with some pant on them.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, nice gears. Where did you find them? The locomotive is a good find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Hobby Lobby, there are packs of old watch parts! It was near the scrap booking stuff I believe. Kimber kept the packaging I will have to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bases! I've had that Lady Justice crew on paint sticks for months waiting for me to get re-inspired by the system. Perhaps your finished crew will push me over the edge.

    As far as sourcing gears, I've personally used these guys with great results:
    http://shop.ebay.com/aliciasartwork/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

    ReplyDelete
  4. My correction on the gears: they are in the jewelry clay and casting section of Hobby Lobby. The woman selling the line's name is Lisa Pavelka.

    ReplyDelete