Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

..a week of recouperation after Geeking out with our Minis Out!

Sorry for the delay in posts. In recouping from my trip to Wargames Con and coming back to work for a 60 hour work week.

Wargames Con Follow-up:
  •  Prize handouts and no swag bags differing than advertised was a DISAPPOINTMENT.
  • Meeting Romeo and Kyle from BattleFoam and 40K radio, a PLUS.
  • Meeting other 40K Radio Freebootas and dragging Romeo and Kyle to Bikinis, a PLUS.
  • Re-introducing an old friend that had been away from 40K for 12 year plus and introducing his son to 40K, a PLUS.
  • Having a tire blowout on the MOPAC Highway 1 in Austin, a DISAPPOINTMENT.
  • Eating at Franks and learning the joys of Chocolate Covered Bacon!, Mega PLUS!
  • Picked up some water bottles that are in the shape of the UT tower. Gonna use these as terrain pieces! I am thinking the pillars of a suspension bridge. http://www.facebook.com/h2orange a PLUS!
  • I picked up 15 Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Knights for $42 when normally it's $30 for 5, a PLUS!
So all in all, we ended up in the positive.

While in Austin we hit Dragon's Lair. My wife, having been surrounded by the "geekery" and her interest in steam-punk had corrupted Joe and I into picking up some Malifaux teams. 
We all picked up different teams. 
Kimber picked up a Leviticus team.

Joe picked up a Collette team.

..and I picked up a Lady Justice Team. (I love the Death Marshals models!)

I have my team based and primed, I just need to start painting them. 
I also made a trade for more Space Marines and seriously bolstered my Celestial Lions. I have several squads of marines and scouts that have now been stripped. There will be updates. I have found some awesome bases from Dragon Forge that have inspired me to strip and re-base all of my Space Wolves. Blargh!
On my last Saturday of my Comp-cation Joe and I hit the FLGS, Astral Castle in Midland and we both got in 2 games. I broke out my Swarmlord and my Tyranids the first battle I faced some Space Wolves and got worked because there was no cover. Highlight of the game: a Rune Priest cast Jaws of the World Wolf and my Carnifex survived with a roll of 1! Second Game I faced off against Space Marines and won by holding 2 of the 4 objectives and he held none! 
Keep an eye out I will be making updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment