Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

WAAAGH update...

Well, I was able to get the one monster un it of gretchin and 3 runtherds done, and did a simple base job on them. I know they are old school models but I am really happy with the way they came out. It's so easy for everyone to do the dirty rusty orks. On the other end of the spectrum was the overly bright complicated paint jobs that go back 20 years to the second edition of the rules set. I think there can be a happy medium of scratched, scraped paint and bright colors. I have tried to mimic the paint job a great friend does where he finds that great balance. As I stated in the previous post he did send me the killa kanz and I received them I already enthusiastically based them to mach the gretchin. 
Here are the gretchin and runherds. I also included some closeups.

I have decided to paint them in units. Thank God I don't have more units this large!
So what do you all think? I will try to be sure to make weekly updates. Until next time, Be Good!


2 comments:

  1. Dude, that's allot of work. You should move to some shit hole country like Indonesia so at least you can get paid for slaving away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was. But now I am looking at knocking them out in smaller mobs, say 12 at a time instead of 33. But I am really happy with the way they turned out.

    ReplyDelete